For the 16th year, the LGBT Life Center invites you to “Eat Like A Hero” on Thursday, April 25, 2019 at their annual Dining Out For Life fundraising event. You will join approximately 10,000 other diners in over 50 Hampton Roads restaurants and others in 60 cities across the United States and Canada raising needed funds to serve those living with or impacted by HIV.
Participating restaurants donate 25% or more of their day’s gross proceeds to help LGBT Life Center continue its efforts to provide prevention education, supportive services, and outreach to men, women, the LGBTQ community and youth at risk for HIV/AIDS. All funds raised during Dining Out For Life stay in Hampton Roads, providing community resource like free HIV testing, condoms, sexual health education, mental health counseling, nutritional services and much more.
LGBT Life Center provides a variety of HIV specialty care services throughout the region, including: primary care, full-service pharmacy, nutrition support, housing and transportation assistance, and mental health services. “LGBT Life Center opens its doors for anyone in need, offering both medical and supportive services. We’re a one-stop-shop for thousands of individuals and families that need access to health care,” said Christopher Reybrouck, Chief Development Officer and Dining Out For Life Coordinator at LGBT Life Center. Reybrouck added, “We hope to, as a community, raise $90,000 for Dining Out For Life this year so that we can continue to meet the health and wellness needs of people living with HIV locally.”
The Dining Out For Life event model is simple, and so is getting involved: To Eat Like A Hero, all you have to do is go to one of the many participating restaurants and eat! The more people that have food or drinks at a restaurant, the more money raised for HIV/AIDS supportive services! Make a reservation at a participating restaurant by visiting www.diningoutforlife.com/city/hr.
All diners who dine out on April 25 at a participating restaurant, will be greeted by a volunteer Ambassador, where you can be entered to win the following raffle prizes!
- $300 WaWa Gas Card, donated by Greg Rosenberg, Realtor
- 2 Season tickets (5 shows) to Virginia Stage Company’s 2019-2020 season sponsored by Virginia Stage Company
- Custom designed pendant created for you by David Nygaard of David Nygaard Custom Jewelers ($1,000 value).
- 2 Season tickets to Busch Gardens Williamsburg donated by Rev. Cory Newell and Associates, Wedding Officiants
- Private tour of the Norfolk Botanical Garden and lunch hosted by CEO Michael Desplaines for you and 3 friends donated by Norfolk Botanical Garden
- 4 Vouchers to any 2019-2020 Virginia Symphony Orchestra performances donated by The Virginia Symphony Orchestra
- $250 Gift Certificate for Home Pest Control Services donated by Commonwealth Exterminating Company
For diners that make an additional donation, for every $25 you leave in your raffle/donation envelope, you will be entered to win two Round-trip Southwest Airlines tickets to be used any time, any where Southwest flies, valid until May 2020.
Local sponsors of this year’s Dining Out For Life event include GEICO, RZ Restaurants, Subaru of America, Ponaman Healthcare Consulting, 13 News Now, Hague Pharmacy, Towne Bank, PharmBlue, Z104, and Germono Advertising.